I just have to brag on Rose some. Interim report cards came out last week and she got all A's again. She is just very smart and is really driven to succeed academically. She really wants to maintain her all A's. I am so proud of her for doing so well and for liking school. She also loves to read and will often stay up until 10:00 on school nights (later on weekends) reading. I know I should scold her for not going to sleep earlier, but I just can't. You see, I do the same thing. I, too, will often sacrifice sleep to keep reading whatever book I happen to be in the middle of. I just love that my kids love to read!!
Last Sunday the kids and I were at church. The service had just ended and we were headed to the church library to take home some books and DVDs. A woman I'd never met before stopped me in the hall and asked if I was Rose's mom (kinda easy to figure that out since Rose was walking right beside me at the time). Well she is one of Rose's Sunday School teachers and proceeded to tell me that Rose inspires her. She said Rose has knows a lot about the Bible and has a very strong faith in God. She is really impressed by her and how she acts. Rose inspires her and she just had to tell me. I thanked her of course and we went our separate ways. My first reaction, after I hugged Rose and told her how proud I was, was "That's all God. I didn't do it!" I seriously can't take credit for Rose's strong faith in God, especially since I am faltering in that area here recently. I am so thankful that God gave her to us to raise and that she has been such a blessing to others!! It's nothing that I've done as her mom; at least I don't think so. It's all God!!
On a less inspirational note, Phil still doesn't have a job. It's been 10 months of constant searching by both of us and he currently has no interviews or solid leads. He is getting very discouraged and so am I. Life is stressful and hard. I am trying to lean on God, but that, too, is hard. Worrying is something I do really well unfortunately.
Bill and Lena's Peru Update - May 2019
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment