Monday, March 2, 2009

It's Baaaaack!

Well there were a few days in there somewhere where we were all healthy at the same time. But alas no more. Rose got sick last weekend. After a fever and vomiting for a week, I finally took her to the doctor this morning. The verdict? Pneumonia. Poor kid!! Having had that for 4-5 weeks earlier this year, I can totally sympathize with how rotten she's feeling. The good news is that kids recover from it easier than adults do. So with the Zithromax she was given she should be feeling better by the end of the week. Of course she has declared that the Zithro tastes like throw-up and doesn't want to take it. Even mixing it with juice can't disguise the taste. Sorry Rose!

In other Hahn news, we got Matthew signed up for preschool today. This is a Christian preschool that David and Rachel both attended. It meets once a week for 4 hours and is free! It is a terrific program and I can't say enough good things about it. The kids are taught by wonderful people who have volunteered their time for over 20 years now to make this a success. The kids learn Bible stories, make crafts, play and do lessons (colors, shapes, letters, etc.). It's only for kids going into kindergarten the next fall. But kids MUST be potty-trained. We're working with Matthew and he';s making progress. But now we have a deadline. Yippee!!!

This of course raises the question. What am I going to do with myself for 4 hours once a week without any kids to take care of. Hmmmm. The possibilities are endless. Exercise? Lunch with friends? Find a hobby? Sleep? At this point I'm leaning toward catching up on my sleep, but I'm sure that'll change as it draws closer. My kids are growing up!

No comments: